A list of effective psychology thesis topics
Psychology studies behavior patterns of the mind. There are different forms of psychology that include studying behaviors of children and adults. Such studies help us learn how we communicate with each other and actions we do. There are various aspects this field explores such as why crimes are committed, how parents’ emotions affect their children, and how puberty plays a role in mental development of teens. The following ideas may help you develop your own topic of interest to research.
- Eating disorders. Why do teens experience the need to starve themselves? Why do bulimia patients see themselves as overweight when they have lost so much weight? How does lack of food affect your ability to think clearly?
- Depression. Does depression affect women more often than men? How do its symptoms vary in children versus adults? What breakthroughs have been made to help people cope? How does depression lead to someone wanting to harm themselves or take their own life? How does medication work to help people feel better and why in some cases does it not work after becoming immune?
- Dreams. Can people really predict the future based on dreams they experienced? Why are some dreams good while others are bad? Why do dreams seem so real even though they are illusions in the mind? Why do people have a difficult time remembering their dreams?
- Paying attention. What are differences in getting children versus adults to pay attention? How does ADHD affect young children versus teenagers? How come some people have longer attention spans than others? What mental exercises are effective in helping people pay better attention or maintain focus?
- Problem solving. What parts of the brain have the ability to solve problems? What activity happens in the mind when you are able or unable to solve a problem? Does a person have to have a certain amount of intelligence to be able to solve problems effectively?
- Bullying. What are psychological effects of bullying others versus being bullied? Why do adults feel the need to bully others when they know better? Can bullying leave long lasting effects into adulthood?
- Violence and children. How does violence in the media affect children and their perception of it? What happens when a child experiences a traumatic event? What other measurements can be taken to protect children from experiencing violent behaviors? Why are some children more likely to commit violent crimes?